Welcome to the Manchester Essex Regional Schools Budget Page!
FY18 Budget Documents
- MERSD FY18 Budget Book
- FY18 Operating Budget - Adopted by School Committee
- FY18 Capital Budget - Adopted by School Committee
- FY18 Final Budget Hearing Presentation
- MERSD FY18 Budget Calendar
- FY18 Tentative Budget Presentation
School Committee Goals 2016-2017
- Target resources to support the social/emotional needs of students and foster creativity and innovation across the District.
- Support the implementation of programs that enhance our organization’s cultural proficiency and promote respect and appreciation for individual and cultural differences.
- Continue to focus on strengthening the Middle School as a separate entity and addressing its large class sizes.
- Develop and deliver a fiscally responsible budget that maintains educational quality, supports District goals, and aligns with our multi-year budget commitment to work within the confines of Proposition 2 ½.
- Begin Feasibility Study module of the MSBA process for the Memorial Building project and develop a capital plan to maintain Essex Elementary.
- Continue ongoing review of all District policies, updating existing policies and job descriptions where needed, and researching new recommendations.
FY18 Budget Goals
- Position MERSD for continual improvement of educational program and student achievement
- Manage Enrollment
- Strive to meet School Committee class size guidelines
- Serve increasingly diverse student educational needs
- Exercise fiscal responsibility
- Seek internal efficiencies to offset growth needs when possible
- Meet local, state and federal responsibilities while controlling growth