Welcome to the MERSD Budget Page!
January Budget Work
- FY22 Capital Budget
- FY22 January Budget Hearing Presentation
- FY23 Budget Update w/ Special Education Financials - 1.11.22
- FY23 Full Budget - Draft
Tentative Budget - December 2021
- FY23 Tentative Budget Presentation - 12.15.21
- FY23 Tentative Budget
- FY23 Tentative Budget SC Discussion - 12.7.21
- November Meeting with Essex Board of Selectman & Finance Committee - Budget Process Overview - 11.3.21
Town Meeting Materials
- FY 22 Budget Book
- Annual Letter on Unfunded Liabilities
- 2021 Annual Report
- Provide for the health and safety of students and faculty while maintaining the robust educational program MERSD and our member towns value, specifically during the COVID crisis.
- Target resources to support the unique educational, logistical, and social/emotional needs of students across the District during the COVID Crisis.
- Develop and deliver a fiscally responsible budget that strives to balance maintaining educational quality, District goals, and recognizes the confines of Proposition 2½. Manage Enrollment & Staffing
- Strive to meet School Committee class size guidelines
- Serve increasingly diverse student needs
- Exercise fiscal responsibility
- Seek internal efficiencies to offset growth needs when possible
- Meet local, state, and federal responsibilities