Site Information Page
Safety First…Getting to/from MMES 2019-2020
With the on-going construction of the new Memorial School, new safety measures are being suggested to address the well-being of students, teachers, families, and neighbors. Being aware of construction traffic in combination with the area’s K-12 parent traffic, one goal is to minimize vehicle use around the school.
Please be mindful of crosswalk, sidewalk, parking lot, and roadway safety.
For student arrival and dismissal, please consider:
- Walking or biking to school
- Joining a Walking School Bus that will use the routes on the attached map
- Riding the school bus
- Using the designated satellite “Park and Walk” locations. Everyone is counting their steps these days and what better way to get ahead in your count than by driving to a common area and walking with your student to school.
- Sweeney Park
- Masconomo Park
- Town Offices
- Norwood Avenue (resident lot)
- Friends Street (on-street parking)
- Pulaski Drive (on-street parking)
The Coach Field lot on Brooks/Norwood Streets is open ONLY for construction. No parent parking or access will be available.