Site Information & Construction Updates
Memorial Building Project - Steel Activity Bulletin
What to Expect From 10/28/2019 to 12/06/2019
During this phase of the project, the construction team will be working extended hours from 7:00 am – 6:00 pm to complete steel close to school. It is anticipated that there will be a need for Saturday work during this period.
In addition to extended work days, this will be a period during which there will be an increase in the number of deliveries to the site.
- Deliveries will be Monday – Friday from 10/28/2019 to 11/08/2019.
- Crane Mobilization and first steel deliveries (2-3 trucks expected daily).
- Police details have been scheduled, and they will be overseeing traffic pattern changes, including reversing the direction on Union Street periodically. MPD will be providing notices to neighbors impacted by parking bans during the hours of anticipated oversized load traffic
Safety First…Getting to/from MMES 2019-2020
With the on-going construction of the new Memorial School, new safety measures are being suggested to address the well-being of students, teachers, families, and neighbors. Being aware of construction traffic in combination with the area’s K-12 parent traffic, one goal is to minimize vehicle use around the school.
Please be mindful of crosswalk, sidewalk, parking lot, and roadway safety.
For student arrival and dismissal, please consider:
- Walking or biking to school
- Joining a Walking School Bus that will use the routes on the attached map
- Riding the school bus
- Using the designated satellite “Park and Walk” locations. Everyone is counting their steps these days and what better way to get ahead in your count than by driving to a common area and walking with your student to school.
- Sweeney Park
- Masconomo Park
- Town Offices
- Norwood Avenue (resident lot)
- Friends Street (on-street parking)
- Pulaski Drive (on-street parking)
The Coach Field lot on Brooks/Norwood Streets is open ONLY for construction. No parent parking or access will be available.