2021-2022 COVID Procedures
January 2022 - Update & Reminders
We Need Your Help
- Stay home when sick
- Please complete MedBot daily – it is our first line of defense for preventing in-school transmission
- Please utilize best practices for playdates and gatherings when unvaccinated students are in attendance
- Mask Indoors
- Maintain Social Distancing (3 feet +when indoors)
- Wash hands frequently
MERSD Layered Mitigation Plan
- Current COVID procedures - See Detailed Plan Below
- MERSD/DESE has extended its indoor masking requirement through January 15th.
- The Manchester Essex Regional School District will be continuing its use of MyMedBot to screen MERSD community members for potential COVID symptoms and exposure each school day.
- Each day you will be prompted to complete a very brief survey prior to sending your child(ren) to school. This should take less than a minute. We strongly encourage you to set a routine for yourself. PLEASE complete the app at home at least 30 minutes prior to your child’s school start time.
- If you do not complete the survey, you will receive a reminder prompt.
- All parent/caregiver emails on file will be linked to each student account, allowing any parent/caregiver to complete the survey. If the survey has been completed on one device, it will reflect in the app for all family members.
- If you have multiple children to report, they will all be linked in your account and will display together on your conclusion window.
- If you are told to stay home, please contact your school nurse by phone for further instructions.
- Test and stay allows students who have had close contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19 while at school to stay in school if the student is not showing symptoms.
- Test and Stay to Remain in School Guidelines
- Duration: 7 days
- Test: rapid test daily on school days. Remain in school provided student tests negative and remains asymptomatic
- Weekend Testing: Only test on weekends if participating in an extracurricular school activity
- Quarantine when outside of school setting
- Monitor for Symptoms: through day 14
- COVID Dashboard: This year positive cases are reported through our COVID Dashboard. The data is officially updated on Wednesdays in preparation for the filing of our state report. As always if you have been identified as a close contact, the nurse will reach out to you individually, and quarantined students will be contacted by the school regarding procedures for managing work while absent. In the event we should have a spike in the number of positive cases that impact a classroom or team, I will send a notice to the MERSD community. Quarantined students will be contacted by the school regarding procedures for managing work while absent.
- Vaccination: In addition to mitigation efforts, vaccination is a critical component of our safety plan. I ask that you please vaccinate yourself and your eligible children to help us keep our staff and students safe at school. Don’t forget your boosters if eligible.
Thank you for your cooperation and have an enjoyable and safe holiday break.
2021-2022 COVID Layered Mitigation Plan
- Student and Staff Health & Safety
- Open in and sustain full in-person instruction
- Minimize staff and student absences
- Follow the CDC Prevention Strategies & Recommendations for Masking and Distancing
- Implement Layered Mitigation
Effective: August 23, 2021 / Update January 2022
CDC Prevention Strategies
- Promoting vaccination
- Consistent and correct mask use
- Physical distancing
- Screening testing to promptly identify cases, clusters, and outbreaks
- Handwashing and respiratory etiquette
- Staying home when sick and getting tested
- Contact tracing, in combination with isolation and quarantine
- Cleaning and disinfection
CDC recommends universal indoor masking, physical distancing to the extent possible, and additional prevention strategies to protect students, teachers, and staff. Schools should not exclude students from in-person learning to keep a minimum distance requirement; layering multiple prevention strategies is essential when physical distancing of at least 3 feet is not possible at all times.
- Masks required for all staff and students indoor activities and on buses (except for medical exemption)
- Maintain three feet distancing guidelines when organizing physical space (classrooms/cafes)
- Single desk seating at lunches
- Public admittance to buildings by appointment only / masks required
- No Restrictions Outdoors
MERSD Application of Screening testing to promptly identify cases, clusters, and outbreaks, Screening testing to promptly identify cases, clusters, and outbreaks, Staying home when sick and getting tested, Contact tracing, in combination with isolation and quarantine
- Continue with MedBot Daily Screener
- Implement the DESE Diagnostic Testing Program
- Symptomatic Testing:(for when individuals present symptoms while at school; individuals should not go to school if experiencing symptoms while at home): Shallow nasal swab samples are collected at school using the BinaxNOW rapid antigen test or another approved diagnostic test.
- "Test and Stay" (close contact testing): Shallow nasal swab samples are collected at school using the BinaxNOW rapid antigen test or another approved diagnostic test. Tests are administered daily from the first day of exposure for at least five (5) days.
- Standards and practices remain in place from 2020-2021
- MERSD Facilities Cleaning Protocol
- HVAC Report
MERSD Application Handwashing and respiratory etiquette
- Continue Hygiene stations and routines established Spring 21