MERSD TECHNOLOGY VISION STATEMENT
"Technology has fundamentally changed the way we live and work. Now we need to apply technology’s powerful tools to change the way our students, of every age, learn." ~The CEO Forum on Education and Technology
Our vision is for all students to utilize technology to become critical thinkers, effective problem solvers and life-long learners. In a world of rapid innovation and change, technology is the bridge that connects the skills and knowledge of today with the understanding necessary to succeed in the future. As educators we need to teach flexibility in technology literacy and learning-to-learn skills. Consequently, technology integration must be an ongoing, seamless and inherent part of everything we do as educators.
MERSD TECHNOLOGY MISSION STATEMENT
To realize our vision, MERSD will infuse technology throughout the school system. As a district we will provide students, teachers, administrators and staff with the appropriate tools, training, support systems and resources to meet these goals:
• All students will have access to, and use, technology to enhance learning across the curriculum.
• All teachers will have access to, and use, technology to enhance teaching, planning, assessing, reporting, and personal professional development.
• All staff, principals and central office administrators will use appropriate technology to enhance planning, communication, financial management and the flow of information.
• Students who desire greater academic challenge will have access to the technology resources necessary to meet these needs.
• The District will provide and support the technology infrastructure necessary to enable adequate video, voice and data communication within and between buildings and to the Internet.
• The District will develop effective and efficient technology standards, policies and procedures.
• The District will develop business, government and education partnerships to support technology initiatives.
• The District will provide adequate financial support to secure and support the necessary technologies to sustain ongoing new initiatives.
• The District will establish short and long term maintenance, upgrading and acquisition plans for all technology equipment and support materials.
• The District will create ongoing assessment of technology implementation, involving students, teachers, administrators, support staff, parents and community members.
• The District will provide faculty and staff training to ensure current and future uses of technology in education.